Are there special policies I need to know about for my college student?

It is a good idea to reach out to your insurance agent any time a major change is happening within your household.

Going to college is an exciting time in your child’s life but it can also open the door for some gaps in insurance coverage. Every carrier is different so a conversation with an agent about your own specific policy can clue you in on any changes you need to make or prepare for.

Typically, the homeowner’s policy will provide up to 10% of the Coverage C listed on your declarations page for your student’s personal property while living in student housing as long as your child is a full time student and under the age of 24.

Your auto policy will also typically extend coverage to your student away at school. It is important to note that any time your child lets someone borrow their vehicle they are also allowing that person to borrow their insurance.

The goal for any parent is to get their kid to school safely and wish them a year of happiness, success, and safety. We want to help you feel at peace knowing your kid is protected wherever they go in life. Please reach out to one of our agents to see if your policy provides you the coverage you need as your family enters a new chapter.

Ready to Take The Next Step?

For more information about any of our products and services, schedule a meeting today!

Or give us a call at 270.444.7291.